Student Spotlight; Griffin Reiff

Hadlie Brady and Mia Taggart

For this week’s student spotlight we are focusing on our students in theater. Griffin Reiff

answered a couple of questions on his experiences and upcoming things in theatre.

• When did you first decide to join theatre?
    • I first started doing theatre around the first or second grade because I was horrible at sports and my parents thought I had too much energy, and I’ve stuck with it since then.”
  • Did someone or something inspire you to join?
    • The graduating seniors last year really motivated me to approach theatre in a deeper way, and I’ve been inspired to improve my craft because of their example.”
  • What has been your favorite performance you have done so far?
    • “While I have done many fun performances, the Book of Will last year sticks out as a life-changing experience.”
  • Do you have a play you are currently working on now?
    • I am currently in Much Ado About Nothing here at Washburn Rural on October 6, 7, & 8. It is a very fun show that I highly recommend seeing.”
  • Are you going to pursue theatre or acting in college or even as your career?
    • I do plan on pursuing theatre in college and as a career in the future, as I can’t imagine not doing theatre.”
  • What do you find the most challenging when it comes to theatre?
    • I always get very engaged in whatever show I’m in, so sometimes I forget about other aspects of my life because I’m always thinking about or doing the show.”
  • Do you have any advice for people thinking about or wanting to get into theatre?
    • Theatre is a very welcoming environment, and a very safe environment. In theatre you have room to do silly things and be ridiculous, and that’s okay because everyone else is doing silly things too. It’s a great way to come out of your shell, and I can say with certainty that there is no activity that quite matches it.”

After hearing from Griffin we encourage everyone to go out and support our theatre students at their next play!