• September 20JV/V Boys' Soccer vs Manhattan HS, WRHS Soccer Field; 4:30-8:30 pm

• September 20Homecoming Candidate Videos - Senior Class, Auditorium; Advisory

• September 20Homecoming Candidate Practice, WRHS Soccer Field; 7:30-8:00 am

• September 19District Early Release

• September 18V Volleyball Dual @ Seaman HS; 5:00 pm

Changes in Lunch Time Routine

Danielle Pancoast, Print Editor

Before the start of the 2018-2019 school year, the cafeteria made a slight change in the way they serve their food in hopes of getting students through the line quicker. There are two serving rooms in the cafeteria. Previous years, they both had the main meal option, pizza, a hot sandwich, and whatever wrap of sandwich was prepared for the day. This year, lunchroom one contains only the main meal and lunchroom two has the rest of the options.

I for one, have mixed feelings about this change. On one hand, I do believe this design will help the line move quicker, that is once students finally figure out that they can disperse between the three lines in lunchroom one rather than all waiting for the first one. But I have noticed a greater ability for me to get into the lunchroom, grab my pizza, and sit down a little quicker than before.

However, one thing I do not like about this change is the fact that I never know what I want to eat until I get to the lunchroom. This is difficult because I have to decide which line to go wait in prior to seeing what is available that day. Say the pizza may not look very good one day and I no longer want that, or the wrap is not the kind I like, I now have to leave room two and go wait in the neverending line of room one.

One day last week, I traveled to both lunchrooms and A La Carte before I found something I wanted to eat. By this time, most of lunch had passed and I was forced to scarf down the salad I settled for.

Another aspect I like about this new change is the rare chance of either room running out of any type of food since it is served in so many locations. In room one, there are three different serving stations so if one runs out of a certain part of the meal, there are still two other places to go. In room two, all of the secondary options are served in one room so it also ensures you will not run out of food.

In years before, sometimes the room you first went in was out of wraps so you would have to go to the other room and hope they still had some. This new setup eliminates this possibility which is a good thing, but it is still lacking in other areas. So far, I like the old setup better but I think this new one has potential and students will quickly grow used to it.