Parent Teacher Conferences

Hope Oswald, Writer

Parent-teacher conferences are being held next week at Washburn Rural High School, but with the changes that have come with COVID-19 and hybrid learning, there is some confusion as to what that means. 

Parent-teacher conferences will be taking place after school on Wednesday, October 14, and throughout the day on Thursday, October 15. This year, there are no walk-in conferences. All conferences must be scheduled in advance.

Hybrid students and parents have the choice of speaking with a student’s teachers in-person or virtually. While conferences were previously student-led with an advisory teacher, this year they will be directly involving the student’s teachers. If a parent would like to, they can meet with all of their child’s teachers.

Remote only students and parents can meet with their student’s counselor during conferences if they would like to. 

The scheduling for parent-teacher conferences will be done entirely online. The deadline to schedule a conference time is Tuesday, October 13. To schedule a conference, check your email or go to MyConferenceTime

In an email regarding conferences, principal Ed Raines said “If there is anything at all that we can do for you, please don’t hesitate to let us know. We are happy to assist you in any way we can.”