A Charlie Brown Christmas: WRHS Theater

Lauren Miller, Writer

The Washburn Rural High School Theatre Department will be having their winter show, A Charlie Brown Christmas, starting this Thursday, Dec. 5 at 7 p.m. There will be additional showings on Friday and Saturday at the same time. The performances will take place in the high school auditorium.

The theatre department, made up of Washburn Rural student staff/tech members and actors, will be having three dress rehearsals this week. They take place right after school on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. 

The actors in A Charlie Brown Christmas will be touring area elementary schools on Monday and Tuesday this week. The students will be going to Auburn, Farley, and Indian Hills Elementary on Monday (during periods 2, 3, 6, and 7) and Wanamaker and Jay Shideler (during periods 1, 2, 3, and 7). This tour is a way for the students and staff to encourage young students to pursue an interest in theatre. 

According to warutheatre.org, “The classic animated television special A Charlie Brown Christmas comes to life in this faithful stage adaptation, in which Charlie Brown, Snoopy, and the rest of the Peanuts Gang discover the true meaning of Christmas.”

The theatre department is also working on another show, Shrek the musical, which will premiere in February.