Fall Play Preview

Lauren Miller, Writer

Washburn Rural High School’s fall play, One Man Two Guvnors, will be premiering this week on Oct. 3. The play’s official preview will take place on Oct. 2 during 6th hour. Several students at Washburn Rural will be dismissed to see the preview and are encouraged to buy tickets to the official showings on Oct. 3, 4, and 5 at 7 pm. Tickets are 5 dollars per person. They can be purchased at the auditorium doors, at the WRHS Bank, or online at www.warutheatre.org.

Cast members include Aiden Kent as Francis Henshall, Erick Lacount as Stanley Stubbers, and Lauren Smith as Rachel Crabbe. The stage manager is Kaitie Olson.

The play’s synopsis is below:

In 1962 Brighton, out-of-work skiffle player Francis Henshall becomes separately employed by two men–Roscoe Crabbe, a gangster, and Stanley Stubbers, an upper class twit. Francis tries to keep the two from meeting, in order to avoid each of them learning that Francis is also working for someone else. Complicating events, Roscoe is really Rachel Crabbe in disguise, her twin brother Roscoe having been killed by her boyfriend, who is none other than Stanley. Complicating events still further is local mobster Charlie the duck, who has arranged his daughter Pauline’s engagement to Roscoe despite her preference for over-the-top amateur actor Alan Dangle. Even further complications are prompted by several letters, a very heavy trunk, several unlucky audience volunteers, an extremely elderly waiter and Francis’ pursuit of his twin passions: Dolly (Charlie’s feminist bookkeeper), and food.