• May 19Class of 2020 Graduation Ceremony, Kansas Expocentre; 7:00 pm

• May 18This Generation (TG) Farewell, Auditorium; 7:00 - 9:00 pm

• May 16NHS Meeting, Auditorium; 7:15 - 7:50 am

• May 15V Softball @ Regional Softball Tournament (WR-Host), WRHS 58th Street Field; 2:00 - 7:00 pm

• May 15StuCo Meeting, Audtiorium; 7:30 - 7:55 am

Girls Soccer 4/18

Major Copeland, Writer

This past week the Washburn Rural High School soccer team narrowly defeated Mill Valley in overtime. This game was one of the tougher ones, since neither team scored the entire game, until overtime.

Carly Bachelor was the one to secure the win for the Jr. Blues, scoring one goal with an assist from Caralee Legg in the first few minutes of overtime.

Brian Hensyel, the Girls Varsity coach, believes that this years schedule has been especially tough, with several low scoring games this year.

Even so, the team always tries to find a way out of their rut and win, even though that is not always the end result. The Lady Blues pushed through and won this game, and prepare for the next challenging task that they will have to face.

Major Copeland, Page Design/Photographer/Writer

I’m Major Copeland, and  I am a writer on the Newspaper Staff.  I love writing and photography. In my free time, if I’m not writing, I’m taking...