• April 20V Track & Field @ KU Relays, University of Kansas Rock Chalk Park; 8:00 am,

• April 19School IN Session - Snow Make-up Day

• April 18District Bandfest Concert, Activity Center; 7:00 - 8:00 pm

• April 18JV/V Girls' Soccer vs. Mill Valley HS, WRHS McElroy Field; 4:30 - 8:00 pm

• April 18Blue Print Judging, Library; 3:00 - 9:00 pm

Softball 3/26 & 4/5

Lauren Miller, Writer

The Girls Junior Varsity and Varsity softball teams played on March 26 and April 5, respectively.

The JV Girls took the win against Emporia and Topeka High. The final scores for these games were 5-3 and 17-2. This was an impressive win for the JV Girls and an impactful way to start off the softball season.

The Varsity Girls also had wins on April 5 against Hayden. The first game went into extra innings with a walk-off homerun from Sophomore Olivia Bruno in the bottom of the tenth inning. The final score was 7-1. The second game was called off in the middle of the fifth inning due to low visibility but the Blues took the win at 3-1.

The JV Girls have their next game on April 8 and Varsity follows on April 10 at home.

Lauren Miller, Writer

I’m Lauren Miller, a junior at Washburn Rural, and this is my first year on the Blue Streak staff. I love to read, write, and spend time with my family....