• May 19Class of 2020 Graduation Ceremony, Kansas Expocentre; 7:00 pm

• May 18This Generation (TG) Farewell, Auditorium; 7:00 - 9:00 pm

• May 16NHS Meeting, Auditorium; 7:15 - 7:50 am

• May 15V Softball @ Regional Softball Tournament (WR-Host), WRHS 58th Street Field; 2:00 - 7:00 pm

• May 15StuCo Meeting, Audtiorium; 7:30 - 7:55 am

Wolfe’s Photo Contest

Gwen Clark, Writer

Wolfe’s Photography Store located in downtown Topeka on Kansas Ave. would like to display photos taken by students from Washburn Rural, along with students from Shawnee Heights, Seaman, and Hayden. The photos would be showcased at the First Friday Art Walk, on Friday, May 3. They have space to display 20-25 selected photos taken by students. They plan to display these pictures until the end of September 2019. Teachers from each school can submit some of their students best work who wish to participate, and each student is allowed two entries. Wolfe’s hopes to receive many entries from each of the four schools. They will then choose the 20-25 photos which will be displayed.

Students must have their teacher submit their work by Friday, March 29 to Wolfe’s Camera on a USB drive or sent by Dropbox. Teachers will be notified if one of their student’s pictures is chosen. Students who are interested can call 785-235-1386 to receive more information and to ask questions about how to enter.

Gwen Clark, Writer/Photographer

Hey! I’m Gwen. I am currently a sophomore and this is my first year on the newspaper staff. I love writing and photography.  At WRHS I am involved in...