• April 20V Track & Field @ KU Relays, University of Kansas Rock Chalk Park; 8:00 am,

• April 19School IN Session - Snow Make-up Day

• April 18District Bandfest Concert, Activity Center; 7:00 - 8:00 pm

• April 18JV/V Girls' Soccer vs. Mill Valley HS, WRHS McElroy Field; 4:30 - 8:00 pm

• April 18Blue Print Judging, Library; 3:00 - 9:00 pm

Bowling 1/18

Lauren Miller, Writer

The Washburn Rural High School Bowling Teams went to Olathe Lanes East on  Jan. 18.

The Varsity Boys came away with a total score of 2517 pins with 2073 pins for the JV Boys. The Varsity Girls ended with 2266 pins and the JV Girls came out with a score of 1626 pins.

All WRHS teams took first place against their competitors.

Standout players for “High Series” are Ben Banks for Varsity Boys, Gavin McComas for JV Boys, Janae Peoples for Varsity Girls, and Mary Beth Stankiewicz for JV Girls.

Standout players for “High Game” are Devin Palmer for Varsity Boys, Gavin McComas for JV Boys, Janae Peoples for Varsity Girls, and Mary Beth Stankiewicz for JV Girls.

The teams’ next meet is Jan. 23 at Little Apple Lanes in Manhattan.

Lauren Miller, Writer

I’m Lauren Miller, a junior at Washburn Rural, and this is my first year on the Blue Streak staff. I love to read, write, and spend time with my family....