• January 19Topeka Sizzlers Basketball, Activity Center; 7 - 10 pm

• January 19V Boys Basketball @ Basehor-Linwood Mid-Season Tournament

• January 19Dancin' Blues @ Miss Kansas Dance Competition, Olathe South; 9 am

• January 18V Boys Basketball @ Basehor-Linwood Mid-Season Tournament; 4:30 pm

• January 18Girls Basketball v Junction City, Activity Center; 4:30 - 10 pm

Boys Basketball v Highland Park

Emily Burris, Online Editor

The varsity boys basketball team continued their undefeated season against Highland Park High School Jan. 4. The team is now 7-0 after a dominating 69-38 victory.

Highland Park found a small lead early in the game but it would not last long. The junior blues ended the first quarter with a 25-11 lead and went untested for the remainder of the game. Both teams had their highest scoring quarters in the first but Highland Park slowed down more than WRHS. Highland Park scored 11 points again in the fourth quarter but scored 10 in the second and only six in the third. The blues scored 24 in the second, 14 in the third and slowed to nine in the fourth.

The blues found success in turnovers, forcing 19. Sophomore Joe Berry led the team with 18 points and senior Savian Edwards followed with 11. Junior Noah Krueger scored 10 points with three shots from the three point line.

The blues will continue their season Jan. 11 at Topeka West.