• March 19Summer Drivers Education Enrollment, Auditorium; 5:30-7:30 pm

• March 19Girls Dive Meet @ Emporia HS; 4 pm

• March 192019-2020 Cheer Tryout Clinic; 3:15-5:30 pm

• March 192019-2020 Concert Band Auditions, Band Room; 3:05-4 pm

• March 192019-2020 Concert Band Auditions, Band Room; 7 - 7:50 am

Girls Basketball v Highland Park

Major Copeland, Writer

The Lady Blues entered the 2019 year with a shining 7-0 record overall, and a 5-0 record in the Centennial League following the defeat of Highland Park on Jan. 4.

The lady blues never trailed and ended with a 15 point lead, with a final score of 67-52 .

Some of the leading scorers in the game were freshman Emma Krueger with a career high of 22 points, senior Carly Bachelor with 20 points and 11 rebounds, and junior Kasey Hamilton with 13 points.

Bachelor was one of the four players who scored at least seven rebounds during the game,  Hamilton with eight and junior Riley Bagshaw and Krueger getting seven a piece.

The Lady Blues ended the night shooting 50.9 percent from the floor and giving up 14 points toward the end of the game when Kevin Bordewick pulled all of his regulars due to their 29 point lead.

Rural ended the opening quarter 20-15 and then came back after the half scoring 14 straight points making the score 34-15 with 4:22 left in the half.

Overall the Lady Blues put all of their efforts into continuing the season undefeated and hungry to take on whatever challenges will stand in their way as the season continues.  

Major Copeland, Page Design/Photographer/Writer

I’m Major Copeland, and  I am a writer on the Newspaper Staff.  I love writing and photography. In my free time, if I’m not writing, I’m taking...