• November 13Fall Jazz Concert with WRMS Jazz Band, Auditorium; 7 - 8 pm

• November 12Girls Tennis Banquet/Awards Night, Cafeteria; 6:30 - 7:30 pm

• November 12Wrestling Alpha Weigh-In, Locker Room; 3:05 pm

• November 12Musical Dance Audition Workshop, Auditorium; 3 - 4:30 pm

• November 12First Day of Winter Sports Practices and Tryouts

Boys Soccer Advances to Post Season

Danielle Pancoast, Print Editor

On the weekend after the WRHS Boys soccer team finished their regular season, they were named as the number one seed going into the Central/South Central bracket for Regional #1. This means they would play the next two games on their home field against lower seeds.

On Oct. 23, the team played Wichita South for the 6A Regional Opener, beating them five to one. Goals were scored by seniors Easton Weber (2), Jacob Campbell, junior Chase Clausing, and sophomore Aryamann Zutshi.

Weber and Campbell also picked up two assists a piece with sophomore Andre Chavez gaining one as well. After this game, their record advanced to 15-1-1 for the season.

The team did not play their best at the beginning but quickly overcame that, pulling out a 5-1 win against the Titans. At halftime, the game was tied 1-1 with the number 16 seeded team. To say the least, this did not settle for the team and they came out with more energy and drive for the second half. The blues scored two goals within the first six minutes of the second half, shortly followed by two more.

Their next game was the Regional final against Wichita East on Thurs. Oct. 25. The team pulled out a 3-2 win against the Blue Aces, advancing to a 16-1-1 record and becoming the Regional Champions. The blues never fell behind the Aces, but the game was at a tie twice throughout the game.

Not only were they playing in heavy rain, but Washburn was also playing one man down for the majority of the second half. Even through this adversity, the boys played their best and reached their goal. Senior Jaydn Hickel put the last shot in the back of the net with less than 20 minutes left in the game.

Goals were scored by Campbell, Hickel, and Junior Kevin Monge with assists from senior Finn Arnold, Chavez, and Weber.

The team will next compete in the State Quarterfinals at home on Tues. Oct. 30 against Derby High School.