• November 13Fall Jazz Concert with WRMS Jazz Band, Auditorium; 7 - 8 pm

• November 12Girls Tennis Banquet/Awards Night, Cafeteria; 6:30 - 7:30 pm

• November 12Wrestling Alpha Weigh-In, Locker Room; 3:05 pm

• November 12Musical Dance Audition Workshop, Auditorium; 3 - 4:30 pm

• November 12First Day of Winter Sports Practices and Tryouts

Air Force Supercar Displayed at WRHS

Emily Hoopes, Writer

This past Wednesday on Oct. 17, a group of Washburn Rural students were introduced to an organization traveling across the country to represent and recruit those who are interested in the Air Force.

One thing being displayed is Project Supercar, which was created by seven specialized Airmen and a team of car mechanics from Galpin Auto Sports. The X-1 gives a different perspective on what the Air Force can do with showing a combination or power and speed in one vehicle, rather than seeing what they are most known for in a plane.  

The supercar and everyone involved started this journey in February with a goal of 14,000 registrations by those who took interest in the Air Force and the projects they brought with them. At this point in their travel they have about 11,500 and with stops in Kansas City, Little Rock and Dallas they are hoping to meet the goal by November.

With this journey, the ideal goal is to help others understand what they truly want to experience in their lives. As travel continues for this organization they will spread information and give opportunities to those hoping for a future in the military or specifically, the Air Force.

Emily Hoopes, Writer

Hey! I’m Emily Hoopes and this is my first year as a writer on the Newspaper Staff. Currently I am a Junior at WRHS where I participate on the softball team and marching band. When I’m not at school and I have free time, I usually play with my dog Leo or watch Netflix. I enjoy watching Friends, The Office, and Riverdale. My favorite foods are lasagna and tacos.