• January 19Topeka Sizzlers Basketball, Activity Center; 7 - 10 pm

• January 19V Boys Basketball @ Basehor-Linwood Mid-Season Tournament

• January 19Dancin' Blues @ Miss Kansas Dance Competition, Olathe South; 9 am

• January 18V Boys Basketball @ Basehor-Linwood Mid-Season Tournament; 4:30 pm

• January 18Girls Basketball v Junction City, Activity Center; 4:30 - 10 pm

Air Force Supercar Displayed at WRHS

Back to Article
Back to Article

Air Force Supercar Displayed at WRHS

Emily Hoopes, Writer

This past Wednesday on Oct. 17, a group of Washburn Rural students were introduced to an organization traveling across the country to represent and recruit those who are interested in the Air Force.

One thing being displayed is Project Supercar, which was created by seven specialized Airmen and a team of car mechanics from Galpin Auto Sports. The X-1 gives a different perspective on what the Air Force can do with showing a combination or power and speed in one vehicle, rather than seeing what they are most known for in a plane.  

The supercar and everyone involved started this journey in February with a goal of 14,000 registrations by those who took interest in the Air Force and the projects they brought with them. At this point in their travel they have about 11,500 and with stops in Kansas City, Little Rock and Dallas they are hoping to meet the goal by November.

With this journey, the ideal goal is to help others understand what they truly want to experience in their lives. As travel continues for this organization they will spread information and give opportunities to those hoping for a future in the military or specifically, the Air Force.

Emily Hoopes, Writer

Hey! I’m Emily Hoopes and this is my first year as a writer on the Newspaper Staff. Currently I am a Junior at WRHS where I participate on the softball...