The Pennant Review

The Pennant Review

Gwen Clark, Writer

Many students have visited The Pennant since it opened in March 2018. It is located in downtown Topeka, on Kansas Avenue. The restaurant is in what used to be a vacant, historic downtown building. The restaurant has two floors, with bowling lanes on the first level and vintage arcade games upstairs.

They focus on making their food with local ingredients to support the Topeka community. Their menu includes burgers, salads, sandwiches, fries, and appetizers. Their dessert menu includes their signature shakes, cheesecake, cookies, and fried twinkies. I enjoyed my overall experience at the Pennant. I thought the food was good and the bowling was fun. It was a great place to hang out with friends and eat dinner.

It was very busy when I visited the Pennant, but it didn’t seem like that slowed down the service or impacted my ability to try everything when I was there, including playing bowling for an hour. When I went on a Friday night, we chose to pay $40 for four people to bowl for as many games as we could get in during an hour, instead of paying about $8 per person for one game. Their prices can be expensive, including $12 shakes on their menu. But the food was good, even though the costs of the items I bought were higher than other restaurants.

I would suggest that everyone should go to The Pennant to try it out. It is a fun place to spend time with friends. The food is high quality, so you can expect your meal will be expensive. I can’t wait to see how The Pennant improves as it becomes more popular in Topeka.