• May 19Class of 2020 Graduation Ceremony, Kansas Expocentre; 7:00 pm

• May 18This Generation (TG) Farewell, Auditorium; 7:00 - 9:00 pm

• May 16NHS Meeting, Auditorium; 7:15 - 7:50 am

• May 15V Softball @ Regional Softball Tournament (WR-Host), WRHS 58th Street Field; 2:00 - 7:00 pm

• May 15StuCo Meeting, Audtiorium; 7:30 - 7:55 am

Orchestra Holds Concert

Marta Johnston, Writer

The Washburn Rural High School orchestra performed Oct. 9 at 7pm in the auditorium.

Zero, first and seventh hour orchestras performed songs of varying style and difficulty. The songs performed will include a great deal of variation due to the difference of the three classes. The repertoire has been enjoyed and perfected by the students since the beginning of the year.

Students playing arrived at 6:30 to warm up and prepare for the concert.

Orchestra conductor David Ohse has been working tirelessly from the beginning of the year to prepare his students for this performance along with the help of a couple of guest conductors from different schools.

Marta Johnston, Writer

My name is Marta Johnston and I am a sophomore. This is the first year that I am a part of the newspaper staff. My favorite subject in school is English...