• December 12V Scholars Bowl Tournament @ Lawrence Free State; 4 pm

• December 12TG Tour of Topeka; 8:30 am - 3:15 pm

• December 12StuCo Meeting, Auditorium; 7:30 - 7:55 am

• December 11B/G JV & V Basketball @ Emporia; 4:30 pm

• December 11PD - DOK In-Service, Staff Lounge; 8 am - 3:30 pm

Varsity Football is Victorious over Highland Park

Danielle Pancoast, Print Editor

On Oct. 11, the football team added another win to their record, beating Highland Park High School 55-0 at Hummer Sports Park. The Blues came out strong, scoring a quick touchdown in the first quarter, and continued scoring, leading 49-0 at half.

Touchdowns were scored by both offensive and defensive players. With multiple interceptions and recovered fumbles, many guys were able to put up their first points of the season.

Among defensive players, seniors Nathan Gentine, Caleb Johnston, Tyler Ladson, JC Crowl, junior Joey Blakesley, and others completed touchdowns throughout the night.

On the offensive side, juniors Jaylen Carter and Levi Sharp put up points on the board along with freshman quarterback Cooper Carlgren.

The Blues scored eight touchdowns and seven extra points, throwing in their freshman kicker Giles Frederickson early on in the game.

This brought the Blue’s record up to 5-2 on the season. Their next game in on Oct. 19 at home against Seaman. This will also be their senior night and last regular season game.

Danielle Pancoast, Print Editor

Hey I'm Danielle. I’m a senior and this is my third year on the newspaper staff. I write, take pictures, and design pages for the paper. I am involved...