• February 16Grease, Auditorium; 7 - 10 pm

• February 16Boys Swimming State Championship Finals, Capitol Federal Natatorium; 10:30 am

• February 16V Wrestling @ Regional Tournament, Garden City HS; 9 am

• February 16Powerlifting Meet @ Horton; 9 am - 2 pm

• February 16Artathon Art Lock In, G464; 9 am - 5 pm

Students Sing Their Way To Success

Back to Article
Back to Article

Students Sing Their Way To Success

Marta Johnston, Writer

The choir is holding one of their vocal concerts on Oct. 4 in the auditorium at Washburn Rural High School. All students, friends, and family are welcome to attend.

Efforts made by the vocal students to prepare for the concert have been occurring since the beginning of the school year. A number of details are being put in place prior to the show in order to accommodate those who attend and those who perform. The performers reviewed their music and prepared to perform in front of an audience, and those behind the scenes provided the means for them to do so.

For freshmen and new vocalists, this was their first performance at the school year, causing many singers’ nerves to be heightened.

There are many who expressed their feelings of unpreparedness, but there were also many who were eager to perform. The concert will begin at 7 p.m.

Marta Johnston, Writer

My name is Marta Johnston and I am a sophomore. This is the first year that I am a part of the newspaper staff. My favorite subject in school is English...