• March 19Summer Drivers Education Enrollment, Auditorium; 5:30-7:30 pm

• March 19Girls Dive Meet @ Emporia HS; 4 pm

• March 192019-2020 Cheer Tryout Clinic; 3:15-5:30 pm

• March 192019-2020 Concert Band Auditions, Band Room; 3:05-4 pm

• March 192019-2020 Concert Band Auditions, Band Room; 7 - 7:50 am

Volleyball Team Sees Success on Senior Night

Emily Burris, Online Editor

On Oct. 2 the varsity volleyball team hosted a quad with Emporia High School, Highland Park High School, and Manhattan High School. Being one of their few home games, this night doubled as the volleyball team’s senior night.

Using teamwork, communication, and passion the lady blues went 3-0 for the night. The lady blues dominated all three teams in only two sets each. The volleyball team started their night off defeating Emporia and Highland Park. After the first two matches, the seniors were recognized. The volleyball team consists of seven seniors; Shelby Ebert, Carly Bachelor, Abby Borough, Sydney Houser, Jenna Moore, Alex Entz, and manager Drew Keller. Senior Abby Borough is content with their success but notes that they were not perfect.

“We did not play as sharp as we probably should have,” Borough said. “We needed to be more intense and maintain a solid focus.”