• November 13Fall Jazz Concert with WRMS Jazz Band, Auditorium; 7 - 8 pm

• November 12Girls Tennis Banquet/Awards Night, Cafeteria; 6:30 - 7:30 pm

• November 12Wrestling Alpha Weigh-In, Locker Room; 3:05 pm

• November 12Musical Dance Audition Workshop, Auditorium; 3 - 4:30 pm

• November 12First Day of Winter Sports Practices and Tryouts

Haunted Homecoming

Emily Burris, Online Editor

This week will consist of spirit days, candidate videos, a parade, a tailgate, a football game, and a dance. Homecoming is a part of high school that most students look forward to every year. There is something for everyone to enjoy.

This week students and staff will be participating in groutfit day, outerspace day, jersey day, holiday day, and frightening Friday. Frightening Friday goes along with the theme for this year’s homecoming, Haunted Homecoming. Shirts are being sold at the shack. Black shirts are $10 and tie dye shirts are $12. Students and staff are encouraged to wear their homecoming shirts on Friday. The theme for the game Friday is also haunted so students should wear their shirts then too.

Starting on Sept 14 students began watching the videos for homecoming candidates. The freshmen went Friday, sophomores on Monday, juniors on Tuesday, and seniors on Thursday. Following the videos, students will have the opportunity to vote for their top male and female candidate. This year there are seven boy candidates and seven female candidates. The boy candidates are Alex Woods, Nathan Gentine, Bradley Mathewson, Dustin Bailey, Shawn Helmstadter, Jake Berry, and Hunter Turner. The girl candidates are Alex Entz, Katelyn Feist, Peyton Luttjohann, Bethany Wetzel, Lindsay Haddock, Marissa Christensen, and Sydney Houser.

On Sept 21 WRHS will be on the district early release schedule. Following seventh hour students will go to the front of the school to watch or participate in the parade. A tailgate will be held in front of the football field starting at 4:30, a meal costs $5. The football game will begin at 7 pm. During half time the king and queen will be crowned. The homecoming dance will be held on Sept 22 and will last from 8-10.