Golf Season is in Full Swing

Emily Hoopes, Writer

The girls’ golf team is approaching their season for this school year and many are hopeful for what’s to come. Now on her second year with the team, Erica Culberson reflects on what this year’s team has to face as the season begins.

“The golf team has already changed drastically, we lost seven seniors who defended our 6A state champs title,” Culberson said. “This challenges both returning players and newcomers.”

Even though there is pressure for state this year Culberson does not forget the main reason they are playing golf in the first place.  

“At the end of the day we all play for the same team, we are working together to achieve the best,” Culberson said.

Whether it is an individual goal or a team achievement Kaitlyn Crough, a freshman for the team, keeps in mind what she wants from this experience.

“What I’m most excited about is getting close with all the girls and getting better at golf,” Crough said.  

One of the biggest challenges for any sport is the state tournament, sophomore Jordan Elliott  is hopeful for what that brings the team.

“ I’m definitely hoping to go to state but that adds a lot of pressure on their shoulders,” Elliot said. “All I expect is for the varsity team to do their best.”

One thing the players try to remember is what their end goal will be, Cassidy McMaster has a specific one in mind.

“I am looking forward to being with my teammates everyday and improving all aspects of my golf game and I look forward to tournaments to see all of our hard work as a team pay off,” McMaster said.

Throughout the years the golf team has won multiple state championships and has been very successful leading up to this point. The team’s togetherness and will to become better as a team and individuals truly show within the impressive record they withhold and will continue to hold in years to come.