• May 4Girls Swim Team Wins City

• May 4Boys and Girls Track Team Wins City

• April 22Unified Soccer Tournament at Home from 1-5

• April 20Girls Soccer at Home Starting at 4:30

• April 20Softball Double Header at Home Starting at 4

Students recall memories throughout high school

Major Copeland, Writer

This year is coming to a close and Seniors are having their final days in the halls of Washburn Rural High School. Over the four years that these seniors have been here, they have made memories and learned many things through clubs and activities with other students and teachers.

Because of all the clubs and activities offered at the school, many find one that includes their interest, and they stick with it through their years at Washburn Rural.

This was the case for Darby Holroyd and Emily Gordon. Both girls are in many clubs and believe joining clubs can make your high school experience better.

Gordon was very involved in all the Theatre clubs, including the plays themselves.

“I’ve been doing theatre for most of my life and it is something I am deeply passionate about,” Gordon said. “Being involved in the theatre department helped my passion for theatre grow and I made countless friends during my involvement.”

Being involved in the theatre department helped my passion for theatre grow and I made countless friends during my involvement.”

— Emily Gordon

For Holroyd, band and other activities, including golf really peaked her interest.

“I loved golf because of all of the relationships I was able to make with all of the girls and the mental challenge it provides. I also loved band because it’s introduced me to a lot of my friends,” Holroyd said.

Doing something with other classmates can be beneficial for students, allowing them to grow and meet new people that they may not have had the chance to.

Another big part of high school, and more importantly senior year, is Graduation parties. These parties help students look back on the memories created through the years. It is also a great opportunity to cherish those memories with their family and friends.

“I am having a grad party! I’m excited to see all of the people show up and help me celebrate my graduation,” Holroyd said.

After everything is over, seniors will begin to reminisce about the things they loved and will miss about Washburn Rural High School. For Gordon, it will be the friends she made through the things she loved to do.

“I will miss the theatre department and the friends I’ve made through it the most,” Gordon said.

For Holroyd it will be everything that she has come to know here at the school.

I will miss the comfortability of high school, the teachers I’ve formed relationships with, the people I have known since kindergarten, and of course, my kind hearted friends,”

— Darby Holryod

“I will miss the comfortability of high school, the teachers I’ve formed relationships with, the people I have known since kindergarten, and of course, my kind hearted friends,” Holroyd said.

Besides missing the school and the people in it, those leaving will also take the things they learned during their trials and errors.

“Don’t bite off more than you can chew by taking an ungodly amount of challenging classes if you have even the slightest of doubts. Your mental health always comes first,” Gordon said.

They also have regrets from their personal experiences; whether it be not taking a class or not joining a club they wished they had. All of those memories and situations create their own unique high school experience that the graduates will take with them the rest of their lives.