• August 16Cross Country Parent Information Meeting in the Library, 5:30 pm

• August 15Girls' Golf Parent Information Meeting @ Cypress Ridge Golf Course, 5:30 pm

• August 14First Day of School for Freshman and Returning Students

• August 13First Day of Fall Sports

• August 12WRHS Building Tours 2:00 - 4:00 pm

Walkout on March 14

Emily Burris, Online Editor

On Wednesday March 14 the student body has the option to participate in a walkout. The students are doing it a month after the shooting at Parkland and will be 17 minutes long to honor the 17 deaths on the day of the shooting. According to principal Ed Raines the students who choose to participate will not be punished as long as they follow a few guidelines. As long as students remain on campus and only stay outside for the allowed 17 minutes they will not have any consequences.

Students across the country are participating in walkouts to protest many different things. All are protesting to fight for a change in the laws over gun control. High School students in 2018 have grown up with lock down drills and threats to the point where it has become a normal thing. The students from Parkland decided that they weren’t going to let their experience be forgotten so they started the campaign March For Our Lives. According the official website for the campaign on March 24 students and families will fill the streets of Washington DC and demand that their lives and safety become a priority.