• October 19V Football vs Seaman (Senior Night), WRHS Turf Field; 7 pm

• October 18No School

• October 18Open Parent/Teacher Conferences, 12 - 3 pm

• October 17Student-Led Parent/Teacher Conferences, 5:20 - 8 pm

• October 17Open Parent/Teacher Conferences, 4 - 5:20 pm

Students display talents in variety show

Bri Wilson, Writer

Washburn Rural High School hosted the Variety Show, a chance for all students to exhibit their own personal talents, on November 16 and 17. It was an especially great show for Junior Karli Swedlund, who played the guitar and sang one of her original songs.

“Doing the variety show is especially fun because it gives me lots of opportunities to meet other artists my age and find myself as a performer too,” Swedlund said.

Swedlund has been singing her whole life, though only recently has she introduced the guitar to her performances. She loves the opportunity to perform in the variety show.

“I love performing because it’s my passion and it helps me improve more with every experience,” Swedlund said.

Junior Jordan Heckel sang Sandcastles by Beyonce and played the piano with it. For her, performing is about being able to express yourself and really engage in the music.

“I decided to perform because because I needed an outlet and performing was my way of finding it,” Heckel said.

Jordan has also been singing for most of her life, but has only recently began to take piano lessons to contribute to her musical journey.

One of the high school’s most widely participated in clubs, Circle of Friends, also participated in this event. Circle of Friends brought the party with them as they displayed their dancing talents to the crowd. Sophomore Sam Houser thought the club’s involvement was a great bonding opportunity for everyone involved.

“My favorite part was being able to spend time with the whole group and have a good time with them,” Houser said.

Bri Wilson, Page Design/Writer
Hey! I’m Bri Wilson and this will be my second year on the newspaper staff. In my free time, I play soccer with my club team. I really love dogs and have a goldendoodle named Morgan. I also have a wonderful rescue cat named Snickerdoodle. She’s pretty old and spends her days looking for new...