• January 19Topeka Sizzlers Basketball, Activity Center; 7 - 10 pm

• January 19V Boys Basketball @ Basehor-Linwood Mid-Season Tournament

• January 19Dancin' Blues @ Miss Kansas Dance Competition, Olathe South; 9 am

• January 18V Boys Basketball @ Basehor-Linwood Mid-Season Tournament; 4:30 pm

• January 18Girls Basketball v Junction City, Activity Center; 4:30 - 10 pm

Volleyball team prepares for season

Emily Burris and Emily Pawley, Online Editor and Writer

Head coach Kevin Bordewick is excited for this season along with all the players. Some are looking forward to getting together and working better this year. Sophomore Macy DeLeye says she is looking forward to this season.

“I hope to improve from last year and come together more as a team and work better,” said DeLeye.
They are working on coming together as a team and learning to work together again. Bordewick says he is expecting a lot of good leadership.

“I expect them to work hard every day and come to practice with the expectation that we are going to get better,” Bordewick said.

I expect them to work hard every day and come to practice with the expectation that we are going to get better,”

— Coach Kevin Bordewick

Senior Payton Tremblay is excited to be finishing her high school volleyball career with this group of girls. Tremblay is also looking forward to learning from her mistakes last year and the years prior.

“I’m looking forward to playing with my best friends one last time and learning from what happened last season and building on it,” Tremblay said.

So far the team is 5-1 in their season. They have played in the Hy-Vee Rivals vs Blue Valley North. Their first home games were against Olathe North and Olathe West. Following their home games the team traveled to Gardner-Edgerton High School to play Gardner and Bishop Miege.

As the season begins, team members are able to see what they will need to focus on in order to advance far into the postseason. Tremblay has already begun to notice a few things that the team will need to work on.

“We need to work on communicating with each other better on the court and gaining for consistency,” Tremblay said.

This season they are working on breaking things down. DeLeye noted that they have been pinpointing specific things they need to work on and breaking it down to the basics and fundamentals. Bordewick also says the same thing that they have been spending more time and practices on things they need to work on.
Junior Shelby Ebert and Tremblay are expecting to go to state this year. The team has high hopes to not only attend the state tournament but also bring home the championship trophy.

We are really striving to make it back to state, and we are willing to do whatever it takes to get there.”

— Payton Tremblay

“I’m expecting a better record and a team that is more united will get things done and hopefully winning state championship,” Ebert said.

Overall the team is excited to get back into the swing of things and see where the season takes them.

“We are really striving to make it back to state,” Tremblay said. “We are willing to do whatever it takes to get there.”