• October 19V Football vs Seaman (Senior Night), WRHS Turf Field; 7 pm

• October 18No School

• October 18Open Parent/Teacher Conferences, 12 - 3 pm

• October 17Student-Led Parent/Teacher Conferences, 5:20 - 8 pm

• October 17Open Parent/Teacher Conferences, 4 - 5:20 pm

Filed under News

Theatre department puts on musical

Senior John Katz, who plays Bobby Child, kneels and proposes to Polly Baker, who is played by senior Shannon Nelson during rehearsal on Jan. 12.

Nicole Mitchell

Nicole Mitchell

On Feb. 2-Feb. 4, the Washburn Rural High School theatre department will take the stage with Crazy For You. The show will begin at 7 p.m. and will last approximately two hours.

The directors and students are spending their free time making it into a show students and staff would enjoy seeing.

Freshman Rachel Meyer has been involved in theatre since she was five years old. This year, she is playing Vera in the musical.

Meyer said she believes the actors portrayal of the characters will make the show one to remember.

“We have such amazing actors at Washburn Rural who really take the time to get to know their character,” Meyer said.

Junior Chase Tilden, who has taken part in about 24 shows throughout his life, is confident in the actors as well.

“I know everyone in the musical will nail it,” Tilden said.

The show is focused around the life of a banker, Bobby Child, who is working hard to pursue his dreams of becoming a dancer. As Child works through each of his struggles, he meets Polly Baker, whom he instantly falls in love with.

I can’t wait for the audience to see this production”

— Director Connie McGinnis

Each character has their own unique personality and Meyer believes drama teacher Connie McGinnis, chose the perfect students to portray them.

“The casting was spot on; [director Connie] McGinnis definitely chose a good one this year,” Meyer said.

McGinnis said she is very excited for opening night.

“I can’t wait for the audience to see this production,” McGinnis said. “It’s funny, upbeat and has amazing comedic timing.”                 

The Washburn Rural theatre group invites students and staff to experience a night full of laughs, love and a great show.

This is a show that people of all ages will thoroughly enjoy”

— Director Connie McGinnis

“This is a show that people of all ages will thoroughly enjoy,” McGinnis said. “It’s a toe-tapping great time.”

Tickets are on sale now and can be bought online or at the WRHS Bank during all three lunches. Ticket prices range from $6-$9. The seats that are not sold out one hour prior to the show will be sold at the door.

About the Contributors
Megan Spangler, Writer/Photographer
Hey! I’m Megan Spangler and I’m a sophomore and this is my second semester on the newspaper staff. I love Great Danes and I’m always listening to Khalid. I’m involved in Circle of Friends, Capernaum, Young Life, and I throw javelin for track. I keep busy between bible studies and being on the lake. Whenever...
Nicole Mitchell, Photographer
My name is Nicole, but you can call me Nikki or whatever else you want. I’ve been on the newspaper staff for two years. I belong to the school’s Thespians club, but other than that I am pretty boring. I spend my free time lying around and hanging out with my favorite cat, Phoebe. There...